Learn the science, practice, and history of compassion in a secular and ancient Buddhist context. Taught and developed by Heather Prete.
In this certification, you will learn:
- Definitions of Love and Compassion and their respective practices
- The healing practices of Self-Compassion for our current and past Self
- Transforming the mundane into the super-mundane: Seeing love in all things
- Healing the world in the arms of compassion
Who This is For:
- Anyone interested in compassion practices (suitable for experienced practitioners as well as those new to practice)
- Those who wish to bring compassion into their work, such as clinicians, mental health professionals, coaches, teachers, etc.
- Those who wish to transform difficult emotional states, including chronic emotional conditions such as frequent anxiety or depression
- Those with chronic pain or disabilities
- Those who wish to transform the “inner critic” and develop a relationship with the Self that embodies acceptance and care
- All of us!
The intention of this course is to create an intellectual and experiential understanding of the mind of compassion and its applications and undergo personal transformation within our 6-week format.
HOW IT WORKS
In order to receive your certification you must complete the following:
- 10 hours in class
- 17 hours of mandatory at-home practice (6 weeks of exclusive meditations provided through the program)
- 3 hours of additional homework
- 5-day retreat
More About The Required Retreat:
- Price not included in certification tuition
- 15% discount on all DENretreats if booked while enrolled in certification • In order to receive your certification, retreat(s) must be completed within a year of the certification class
- 5 days total required, but these can be split up
- If you have completed a 4-day DENretreat or are enrolled in a DENretreat and need one extra day to complete the 5 day requirement, you can enroll in an approved day long for $50. (No other discounts apply.)
- If you would like to do your retreat outside of the DEN, we have a list of approved places, please email for more information.
- Please visit www.DENretreats.com for more information and updates
Heather Prete is a UCLA certified Mindfulness facilitator, Self-Compassion teacher, and Mindfulness in Recovery coach. She began her formal training with Tibetan Compassion practices in 1998 and has received instruction in the U.S. and Asia. Heather spent time training PhDs at the Tarzana Treatment center and working as a guiding teacher for Mindful School’s online adult courses (which were featured in Time magazine’s cover story, “The Mindful Revolution”). She also worked with those in recovery at Alternatives Treatment Center, Westside Treatment, and BLVD Centers.
Since 2000, Heather has remained committed to yearly retreats ranging from seven to 30 days in length and has completed three teacher trainings. She also sells her paintings to the lovely residents of Los Angeles.
COMPASSION CERTIFICATION REFUND POLICY: If cancellation occurs 2-6 weeks before the program begins, there will be a 25% cancellation fee. If cancellation occurs within 2 weeks before the program begins, no refunds will be given.