~ DEN Meditation ~
Break the Norms 2.0: The Himalayan Experience
Break the Norms Retreat
The Himalayan Experience
Take a moment to breathe. Breathe in. Breathe out. Listen to your awareness.
Now, ask yourself these questions:
- Does my soul seek long-lasting healing?
- How often do I feel the desire to just be and let go?
- Is my heart carrying any pain or grudges?
- Am I willing to break my norms and embrace the conscious rebel that I am?
- Who am I?
- What do I want?
- What do I need?
- How do I serve?
If you seek the answers to any of the questions above, this experience is for you! After leading private retreats in the foothills of the Himalayas for more than five years, Chandresh Bhardwaj is offering his first public retreat to the area this October. This isn’t just any standard retreat to India; this sacred experience is being planned for you with a lot of love, and with the sole intention of cultivating your own self-healing. This retreat is rooted in the traditional healing wisdom that you’d expect from India, but it also promises modern facilities that will make this experience more accessible and easier to absorb.
What sets Break the Norms 2.0 apart from other retreats to India?
- Chandresh grew up in India, learning from the masters and practicing these very rituals on a daily basis. This country is his playground, and you can be rest assured that you will have an incredibly authentic experience.
- Signature rituals, such as the mantra ceremony, serving food to the monks, and other similar moments, make this retreat a powerful experience.
- Accommodations are so close to the River Ganges that you can literally start and end your day sitting amongst its presence.
We could go on … but you get it!
Chandresh Bhardwaj: Chandresh is a seventh-generation Spiritual Healer, International Speaker and Author of the bestselling book, Break the Norms: Questioning Everything You Think You Know About God and Truth, Life and Death, Love and Sex. Chandresh quit his Wall Street job to launch the nonprofit Break the Norms Movement with the intention of awakening the human awareness from its conditioned self. He is a world traveler who gives talks and leads retreats across the globe—from Europe to Asia and the Americas. “Spirituality is a borrowed knowledge,” says Chandresh. “We must meditate to experience our own version of it.”
The Glasshouse is a luxurious and modern hotel in Rishikesh set on the banks of the River Ganges—India’s holiest waters. The property honors an extraordinary geographical site where the Ganga turns around and flows north towards its source. This resort is a magical natural spot and one of the most peaceful hotels in the area. It is set in a lychee and mango orchard of the Maharajas of Tehri Garhwal with a garden of tropical plants, full of rare birds and butterflies and features its very own private beach. The property is an oasis of tranquility and privacy amidst the hustle and bustle of Rishikesh and its’ most sacred pilgrimage spots. We look forward to making the Glasshouse our home away from home during this unforgettable week!
*We will spend the first and last nights of this retreat in Delhi, at a Marriott, Holiday Inn, Pullman, or similar hotel.
*For the Taj Mahal add-on, we will spend the night in Agra at the ITC Mughal, the Trident, or similar hotel.
A nutritious diet is crucial to a successful retreat experience. Colorful, delicious, natural foods are carefully prepared to help you feel healthy, energized and cleansed from the inside out. The menu is designed by Mandali’s vegetarian chef, Kes Lilani, and prepared with love by their Italian “food wizard” Viramo. All produce is local and organic, and some of it grown in Mandali’s own gardens. 3 healthy, high-vibrational, vegetarian meals will be served each day. Mandali happily accommodates all dietary restrictions and sensitivities—just let us know what you need! Filtered water, herbal teas, coffee and fresh fruit are available, all day, every day.
- Modern, stylish decor
- King bed or 2 full beds
- Private bathrooms
*For Taj Mahal visit, add an additional cost of $650 for single occupancy and $500 for double occupancy.
- 2 nights stay at hotel in Delhi
- 5 nights stay at Glasshouse in Rishikesh
- 1 night stay at hotel in Agra (for Taj Mahal add-on)
- 3 healthy vegetarian and vegan meals each day
- Daily meditations, group discussions, and one-on-one sessions with Chandresh
- Mantra and meditation sessions held by the River Ganges
- A signature Break the Norms mantra ceremony facilitated by mantra scholars based in the Himalayas, under the guidance of Chandresh
- Opportunities to serve food to and witness the lives of 150+ Himalayan monks
- All organized activities
- All domestic travel arrangements, including flights to/from Delhi – A visit to the Taj Mahal (optional)
- Lots of love and attention!
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- International airfare
- Massages and spa treatments
- Any additional activities or services
- Extra food beyond the provided hotel meals
Oct 7: Fly into New Delhi. Overnight stay in New Delhi.
Oct 8: Fly to Dehradun. From Dehradun, you’ll travel to your Himalayas resort.
Oct 8 to Oct 13: Glasshouse on the Ganges (located 40 kilometers from the airport) for a five night stay.
Oct 14: Back in Delhi. Retreat ends.
Oct 15: Trip to visit Taj Mahal (optional add-on)
Oct 16: Back in Delhi
THE FINE PRINT
- Please book your flights to arrive and depart from Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi. We will arrange for airport pickups and drop-offs on the first and last days of the retreat.
- A $750 non-refundable deposit holds your space. Final payment is due August 7th.
- We happily offer payment plans. Please inquire for more information.
7:45 am – 8:30 am Optional meditation w/ Mandali teacher
8:30 am – 9:30 am Breakfast
9:30 am – 11 am Free time
11 am – 1 pm Meditation and workshop
1 pm – 2 pm Lunch
2 pm – 7 pm Tour of San Guilio d’Orta
7 pm – 8:30 pm Dinner
8:30 pm – 10 pm Night meditation