~ DEN Meditation ~
Sacred Valley, Peru: July 2018
Mysticism, Spirit and Journey into Heart
With Heather Prete
July 24-30, option to stay until August 2nd for a 3-day tour of Machu Picchu and Cusco
Peru is calling…Get ready for an unforgettable week of adventure, discovery and growth in the Sacred Valley. Join Senior Mindfulness and Compassion teacher Heather Prete in this exploration of the true meaning of mysticism and spirit, as discovered through the practices of the heart. Heart awareness is the key state that dissolves the sense of a small self. It is through compassion and love that we learn we are of the earth, we are something spacious and beyond our habitual identities, and that we are gloriously interconnected. We will study teachings on inter being and unity as well as delve into the tantric practices of ancient Tibet.
This retreat offers you the opportunity to explore mysticism within your own being and in the world around you. The Sacred Valley is widely recognized as a place of spiritual connection and heightened healing potential. This region of the Andean highlands is home to many sacred sites, powerful energy vortices, and a long lineage of traditional healing practices, making it the ideal location for our “Mysticism and Spirit” retreat. During this retreat we will be immersed in authentic Peruvian culture. We will meditate on top of sacred ruins, take selfies with llamas, shop at local community markets, trek in the mountains and celebrate Pachamama, mother earth, under the guidance of a local shaman.
After our 6 days at the fabulous Sach’a Munay retreat center in the Sacred Valley, we invite you to join us for an additional 3-day tour of Machu Picchu and Cusco. We will spend 2 days trekking and touring Machu Picchu—one of the seven wonders of the world!—and surrounding areas. We’ll spend our last day exploring Cusco, Peru’s colorful historical and cultural hot spot.
Your heart always knows the way. We hope you’ll answer the call and meet us in Peru this summer.
Heather Prete is a UCLA-certified Mindfulness facilitator, Self-Compassion teacher, and Mindfulness in Recovery coach. She began her formal training with Tibetan Compassion practices in 1998 and has received instruction in the U.S. and Asia. Heather spent time training PhDs at the Tarzana Treatment center and working as a guiding teacher for Mindful School’s online adult courses (which were featured in Time magazine’s cover story, “The Mindful Revolution”). She also worked with those in recovery at Alternatives Treatment Center, Westside Treatment, and BLVD Centers. Since 2000, Heather has remained committed to yearly retreats ranging from seven to 30 days in length and has completed three teacher trainings.
Sach’a Munay, which translates as “love from the ancient forest”, is nestled in an oasis of native plants and fruit trees and is nourished by a magnificent waterfall. It is a place to connect to the incredible depth and beauty of what nature offers. The Sacred Valley of Peru is home to twelve mountains known as “apus” — luminous beings who are said to intercede on behalf of people. Those who come to Sach’a Munay have the opportunity to commune directly with these mountains, as well as with the local curanderos and pacos (healers), who host rituals and ceremonies at the center. Sach’a Munay strives to create a fabulous, nourishing environment for their guests. The center is comprised of multiple guest homes, a temple space, a stunning octagonal yoga shala and plenty of lounges for private contemplation time. Each guest room features cozy furnishings and design that are a reflection of the Peruvian culture of the Sacred Valley. Thanks to their staff, the entire center embodies the kindness, love and wholeness that seem to permeate this magical place. As a Peruvian NGO, profits from the Retreat and Yoga center go to fund local projects.
SACH’A MUNAY ROOMS
July 24 – 30 only
- Cozy furnishings
- Queen or twin sized beds
- Private bathrooms
3-DAY ADD ON TO MACHU PICCHU AND CUSCO
- 2 nights stay at hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu)
- 1 night stay at hotel in Cusco
- Entrance and guided tour of Machu Picchu
- All transportation
- 3 meals each day
- Celebration dinner in Cusco
- 6 nights stay at Sach’a Munay
- 3 healthy vegetarian meals each day. Gluten-free and vegan options available.
- Daily meditations and dharma talks led by Heather
- Morning yoga
- All organized activities
- Guided tours
- Group healing with local shaman
- All transportation, including Cusco airport pickup/dropoff
- Lots of love and attention!
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Massages, spa treatments and additional healings
- Any additional activities or services
- This retreat begins at 7 PM on July 24th, but you can arrive as early as 4 PM. The retreat ends at 12 PM on July 30th.
- For guests joining us for the 3 day add on, we will leave Sach’a Munay at 2 PM on July 30th and head to Machu Picchu for 2 nights and then to Cusco for our last night. This part of the retreat ends at 12 PM on August 2nd.
- The nearest airport to Sach’a Munay is in Cusco. We will arrange for airport pickups and drop-offs on the first and last days of the retreat.
- A $750 non-refundable deposit holds your space. Final payment is due May 24th.
|7-8 am||Self-guided meditation|
|9-10 am||Light Breakfast|
|10:30-1 pm||Visit Urubamba local market|
|2:30-4:30 pm||Free time|
|4-6 pm||Dharma talk and meditation|
|6-6:30 pm||Walking meditation|